True freedom in any business is mastering to create high quality leads and close sales.
Honing these two crafts places the control and ability into your own hands to get more clients and make more money in any industry in order to create the wealth and impact that you desire.
However sales has a bad rep and negative connotation because of the fear of being pushy, salesy, or sleazy…not to mention the fear of rejection if and when you get a ‘no.’
I get it because I used to feel this way too. The reality is the longer you are in business, sooner or later all the above will occur.
You’ll have countless times where you get off the phone and think to yourself, “Oh that felt terrible, I pushed too hard, I sounded clingy, needy, desperate, I’ve over shared, I should have said this, I wish I didn’t say that, I sounded stupid… etc.” Can you relate?!
What helped me get over my fears is to think of sales as a conversation. This is an opportunity for your potential client AND you to determine if this is a great fit on both sides.
And most importantly, this is an opportunity for YOU to help your potential client not only get clarity on what help they need, and help them make a decision if they are going to move forward with you or not.
Think of sales as leadership. Your potential clients want and need you to show up with strength and compassion, lead powerfully, ask the right questions and not be fazed by your money story or theirs.
Here are 5 tips to close your sales call like a BOSS!
1. Pre Profile Prior To The Discovery Call – Use a questionnaire to quickly identify before the call if your potential client is an ideal client and if they are ready to invest in themselves.
2. Have A Clear Purpose For The Call – Set the intention at the beginning of the call by telling your potential client that the point of the call is to get to know them AND to see if working together is the best fit.
It also sets the expectation that you will bring up your services or offer later in the call so they’re not caught off guard or surprised.
3. Live In The Power Of Questions – Ask questions about where they currently are, what are their challenges, where do they want to be, what has prevented them from getting what they want, and what's missing for them.
Listen, listen, listen for where to guide the conversation next and trust your intuition what questions to ask. If you're nervous about asking a question, ask for permission and they will let you know if they're available to talk about it.
4. Determine Their Level Of Commitment – Ask questions about how urgent and committed your potential client is to invest themselves, to make the necessary changes and follow through right now.
This puts the responsibility and ownership on your potential client, especially when the initial excitement wears off. Knowing how committed your potential client is to keeping their head in the game can be the difference between loving the work you do or dragging them around.
5. Get a solid “Hell Yah” – Get a solid “Yes” that you are the right coach and the right program for your potential client BEFORE you introduce another variable talking about the cost, logistics and features. This will avoid your potential client to swim in the painful land of indecision. The confused buyer never buys.
Let your potential client talk themselves into working with you. Remember, the person talks the most, goes away with the product.
Practice, practice, practice, ask bold questions, lead powerfully, be YOU and close sales like a BOSS!
You know I love, love, love to hear from you! In the comments below, share one tip that helps you master the art of closing sales.
Always keep radiating your beautiful light to the world living life with passion, purpose and meaning.