Do you feel invisible online even though you’re putting all your energy and effort into creating great content?
I know how frustrating it can be. Because we’re living heavily in information overload, creating great content alone is not enough to differentiate you and your online brand from the crowd.
To help you connect and find your people, I want you to rate yourself on a scale of 1-10, how well you are implementing each of these 6 key areas.
Take the quiz!
As you rate yourself, also be thinking about and brainstorming what is working for you, what isn’t working for you, and what are some possible missed opportunities.
1. Consistently leading with your #1 result you want to get known for Consistency builds trust and credibility. How well do you consistently talk about what you do in an engaging way?
How well are you brining new insights, perspective and expertise in your particular industry? Do you talk about what all the other experts talk about in your industry or do you bring new information?
How well do you differentiate yourself or do you sound like everybody else?
2. Uncover your peoples biggest gap Are you speaking to one specific person or group? Or is your messaging, copy and content vague?
How well do you know what language do your people use? What are they struggling with? What do they desire most?
How well do you know what your people talk about, what they don’t talk about or what they are not even aware of?
How well are you putting yourself in the shoes of your people and how they think?
3. Create value your people want and need right now Is your free content, opt-ins, services or products geared toward creating solutions or adding value that helps your people with their biggest pain point or gap?
Are you creating high quality content that’s specific or are you more focused on quantity?
Do you focus primarily on tools and strategy or do you incorporate case studies, testimonials and stories that are relatable and paint your peoples end game?
4. Have the right people promoting your awesome content Word of mouth is so powerful. If you are cranking through content, do you have people, business partners, affiliates, and collaborators?
Are you repurposing your content in order to get more exposure for what you already created? How well do you get exposure from guest posts, interviews, mentions, shares, forums/groups, press, or appearances?
5. Visible in the right places your people hang out? Are you hanging out with your people? Are you being generous providing tons of value where your people can see you and experience who you are, what you’re about and how you help people?
6. What offers you making and when? Are you asking for the proposal on the first date without building a relationships and understanding how big their level of urgency is right now? How well do you understand your people and their journey? Are you even making any offers?
If you never ask, the answer is always “No.”
After you rate yourself in each of the six areas, spend some time looking at each area that didn’t get at least a score of 8. Ask yourself:
What can I do in this area to move the needle higher up on the scale?
What is working for me in this area?
What isn’t working for me in this area?
What is ONE action I can implement today?
Remember, this is a process and doing the hard work of thinking about and evaluating what is and isn’t working for you helps you make adjustments and course correct as you go.
Also, you know I love to hear from you! Was this video helpful? In the comments below, share your #1 take away or insight.
Always keep radiating your beautiful light with the world living life with passion, purpose and meaning.