In this video, I want us to take it up a notch! I am a firm believer that life is not a one-size-fits-all so how can you be more productive and efficient with your time that feels congruent and authentic to YOU!
In High Performance, we cover the below tools for you to reclaim your day back and not just reclaim it, but crush it!
So if you feel like your day is being sucked into distraction, or time just seems to run away from you with not much to show for it, then you are in the right place!
1. Power of intention The moment you sit down to work, before you even open up your laptop or your email, give yourself 10-15 minutes to ask yourself:
How do I want to serve today?
What is my purpose?
You do yourself and your business the biggest disservice by checking your email before connecting with your purpose and come from a place of service.
Don’t get me wrong, email is an amazing tool. However, are you using your inbox to help you run your life more efficiently or is your inbox running your life?
Let this time fill you with gratitude and fulfillment. When you do this to connect with yourself before you start working, you amplify your business and your life.
2. Dream Projects Once you set your intention and connect with your purpose and heart presence, you can set your dream projects that are aligned and congruent with your purpose and mission.
This is your vision, your roadmap, the legacy you want to leave behind.
For instance, your dream project can be to publish a book, create an online program, finish your website. These are the big-ticket items that you most likely won’t finish in one block of time.
When you sit down to work, keep these dream projects in front of you, on your computer or your desk for you to see every single day.
3. Plug-In Block time – What are steps 1, 2, and 3 that will move that project forward? Focus only on those activities.
Are you scheduling uninterrupted BLOCKS of time to work on YOUR most important projects? When you do block time, are focusing ONLY on that ONE thing!
Are you scheduling BLOCK time for scheduled interruptions where you check your emails and scheduling appointments?
When opening your inbox…
1. Send out emails to people you need to reach out to 2. Follow up with people you are waiting to hear back from 3. Once you complete numbers 1 and 2, then and ONLY then respond to other people’s requests
***Stay focused and keep your head in the game. ***
4. Plug-Out This is about Sustainability. Plugging-out is just as important as plugging-in. In order to prevent burnout and exhaustion, you have to give yourself time to recharge.
Schedule and take 4 days off every 90 days
Schedule and take time off during the week
Take short breaks every 60-90 minutes to recharge your mind and stretch your body
***Put it in your calendar and stick with it. This is a marathon, not a sprint. ***
As I mentioned before, this is about YOU! We are all unique. What works for someone may not work for someone else. The only way you will know for you is to stay flexible and experiment. Try different things out and see what works best for YOU!
If you loved this video, sharing is caring. Join our community. As always, I love to hear from you. In the comments below write down ONE discipline you have that keeps your head in the game?
Always keep radiating your beautiful light to the world living life with passion, purpose and meaning.
With Love and Belief in YOU,
“Time is more than money, it’s the soul of life. Lose your time to irrelevant activities and you lose a piece of yourself.” – Brendon Burchard